Monday, December 7, 2009

This is a New Day

This is a brand new day ladies and gents. Four months to the day, my beloved people and I can say nothing but my God is so good and to HIM be all the glory!
*victory dances*

I've never considered myself much of a writer, but today I felt inspired, and so here I am! I've always found a lot of clarity and security in writing out and processing things, but I've never been diligent about it. So, in celebration of this new chapter, allow me to welcome you into my head...it may be scattered and it my be honest, but it's me. And I like me :) A lot, actually...

Looking back on the last 2 years of my life I sense that God has put me through many seasons, each one of them literally lasting about 4 months a piece. Today, for me "unofficially", but somewhat officially marks the end of the latest one. The grieving clothes are off, the grieving season is gone. From death, life has began to spring! My heart has been restored and my love has never been more full. Granted, I'm sure there will still be times where perseverance will be required, but I decided that the pain would only be the Lord healing something, not the enemy getting to me. I've had more than enough of that and it stops. Here. Now. No questions asked.


I'm finally reaching the end of this semester and I must say that I didn't know how I would make it. The last few months have been a blur of events and emotions. Literally, some days I didn't know which way was up and how on Earth anyone could survive the incapacitating pain of refinement, but I wouldn't trade a moment of it.

I read this verse today: “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” – James 1:2-3

Never lacking. My God is never lacking. Habbakuk says He's never late. Everything is in His time. Including healing. And here I am. Healed. Whole. Booya.

No comments:

Post a Comment